- "Third Platoon! Mount up, and move out!"
- ―Lt. Parker
3rd Platoon in the 66th Armor Regiment, 2nd Armored Division of which Fury belongs to is an important organization for most of the film. The platoon was lead by Lt. Parker until his death during a routine transfer. After the incident, Ssgt. "Wardaddy" Collier took command of the other tanks and lead them until their eventual destruction at the hands of a German Tiger I.
- Matador - Lead tank commanded by Lieutenant Parker. An M4(105) HVSS with an M4A3(76) turret.
- Fury - Tank commanded by Staff Sergeant Collier, better known as "Wardaddy". An M4A3E8 "Easy 8", a version of the M4A3 featuring a much improved 76mm high-velocity gun.
- Lucy Sue - Tank commanded by Staff Sergeant Davis. An M4A2 Sherman, a severely outdated and underarmed model.
- Old Phyliss - Tank commanded by Staff Sergeant Peterson. An M4A1 (76)W Sherman, a variant of the original M4A1 (the oldest Sherman model) upgraded with better suspension and a 76mm gun.
- Murder Inc. - Tank commanded by Staff Sergeant Binkowski. An M4A4 Sherman with the standard 75mm gun.